♥ I Heart... Asia ♥

Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living. Miriam Beard

Never in my life have I agreed with anything more. After a few months travelling solo around Asia, I am completely changed. Knowing that there is a totally different world just a 12 hour plane journey away and thinking about all the wonderful things I’ve seen and experienced, makes me somehow not fit properly in this small little town of mine. I’d like to think I’ve always dreamt big and can achieve whatever I want if I put my mind to it, but now I’m really dreaming big! There’s so much I want to do with my life, starting with working towards getting a fabulous interior design job. My dream goal was always to design the interior of an amazing hotel in Las Vegas or New York… may as well aim big! Travelling around (and surviving!!!) Asia has made me realise anything is possible and working towards my goals is now exactly what I’m doing. Anyway, enough of my waffling on, here are some things I’ve learnt along the way:

♥ I am VERY lucky - I have my freedom, the luxury of opportunities, a variety of food and a warm bed - We sometimes take these for granted! I’ve seen people without clothes, sleeping on cardboard, begging for food and being treated with no respect at all.

♥ Try everything! You’re in a totally different world… why not? Crickets are awful, but it had to be done.

♥ I can actually survive in 50 degree heat - with jeans on! It is crazy how people can go about their everyday lives all covered up in that heat.

♥ I totally loved living the famous life for a while. So many people wanted to shake my hand, be in photos with me and find out all about me. LOVED it, so fun!

My final note - take nothing for granted. If you know what you want, go for it with guns blazing! If you’re doing something amazing, make the most of it, time goes way too quick. Here are some of my favourite photos I took on my travels, some great memories! Enjoy…

Jane ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment